The employees of “Protection service” NCSO’s Yerevan regional service according to the defined schedule rounded in the monument territories of Nor-Norq and Avan communities. 500 of the monuments considered to be state property are located in the capital, 234 of them are in the above mentioned two communities.
The head of the regional service Vrej Hajyan and deputy director Tigran Kyosinyan observed the territories of 7 monuments in Nor-Norq community’s “Tigran Mets” rest zone and the hill of rock carvings. Two gravestones resembling a horse /date back to the 16th century/ have been removed from Syuniq region’s Gorayq village . The employees of the regional service visited other monument territories located in the community, recorded about their condition and took photos of them. The dragon stones resembling a fish and bull /date back to the 2nd millennium BC/ are located in “Tigran Mets” rest zone.
The second stop of the employees was Avan community. They were in the monument territories of St. Astvatsatsin (Katoghike, Tsiranavor) /date back to the 7th century/ and St. Hovhannes and St. Astvatsatsin /were ruined because of the earthquake in 1679/.
In the end the employees mentioned that cases of offense, damages to the monument’s outer look and distort have not been recorded.
By the initiative of the employees on April 18, on the international day of monuments and sightseeings sanitary cleanings will be implemented in the monument territories with the participation of pupils and soldiers.