MORO DZORO MONASTERY “TSRVIZ MONASTERY”
state index 10.33.1
The medieval Armenian architectural monument is located in the south-western part from Lusahovit “Tsrviz” village of Tavush Region. Saint Astvatsatsin church of Moro Dzor was built in V century. It is a four-sacristy, central-domed structure. Inwardly the proportionate altars have horseshoe form, outwardly they are semi-circular, except the southern part which is rectangular. The only entrance is in the southern part. The church was built from roughly hewn basalt stone. The domed-arches, conchs,and the dome were reconstructed from smoothly hewn basalt in VI-VII centuries. In 1197 and in 1213 the monastery was renovated by Princes Ivane and Zaqare Zaqaryans, they reconstructed the dome and the roof of Saint Astvatsatsin church.
In 1980’s the dome and sacristies’ roofs of Saint Astvatsatsin church were renovated.
The cross-stones and tomb stones are spread around the church.
The main literature on the monument:
V. Grigoryan, the early medieval central-domed small monuments of Armenia, Yerevan, 1982.