Saint (Surb) Astvatsatsin Church of Moro Dzoro was built in the VII century. It is supposed to have been destroyed during the Arab invasions and rebuilt in the XII-XIII centuries. The church is rich in epigraphs. The most valuable and historically significant is the inscription of the Georgian King George (1156-1184) about the emotion of the church from all taxes and donation of new estates. There are also inscriptions about donations of prominent members of the serving family.
Saint (Surb) Astvatsatsin Church is a cruciform, tetraconch (with four apses) and central-domed structure. The equilateral apses are internally horseshoe-shaped and externally semi-circular except for the southern one which is rectangular. The only entrance is from the south. The church is built of rough basalt stone and the dome-bearing arches, conches, and the dome were rebuilt with hewn basalt stone. In 1197 and 1213 the princes Ivane and Zakare Zakarians renovated the monastery and restored the dome and the roof of the Church Saint Astvatsatsin.
The historic settlement Tsrviz, which is now in ruins, spreads around the monastery, on the site of which the village Nor (new) Tsrviz was later founded. There are cross monuments and tombstones around the church.